Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Out with the Old in with the New

I am finally a grown up. I got a new library card. I have had the same library card for the past 14 years. I remember the exact day my mom took me to the library to get me my very own card! O the joy. I can still taste the chocolate bar I enjoyed on the car trip over, that subsequently made it into the picture as it was smeared all over my lips.
   But today was the day for change. The past three or four years every time I went to check out a book the Librarian would always ask if I wanted a new card. She was always met with a resounding "no". But now that I am eighteen she told me that today I had to get a new one. Whoever said growing up was fun never had to get a new library card, or are just not as nerdy as me. But alas the Librarian had a heart and let me keep my old card- minus the hole she stamped out which deactivated the card. Maybe she once had to say goodbye to her childhood too. 

2 comments:

  1. Beff! Firstly, you are a fantastic writer and I hope you continue to find avenues to write. Secondly, I will be checking this blog obsessively :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why but this post made me start crying! Probably because I'm pregnant but it just made me realize how quick time flies. I love you!

    ReplyDelete