Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Beans Beans the magical fruit, the magical fruit that makes you.........

       Time is just slipping by faster than molasses on sandpaper... o wait that doesn't make sense! Well time flies and July was no exception! I FINALLY turned 19, so now I will not be liar when people ask my age, which is a good thing because my nose was starting to get a little to long to my liking (if you didn't catch that I just made a Pinocchio reference, but I am sure you are all very smart and didn't need clarifying, and if you were just plain confused but didn't want to show it, now you can pretend you are smart too! It's a win-win-win!)
      This year I was actually in Sacramento on my birthday. I was staying up with my sister who is pregnant and sick :( , she is too nice to be sick! But although she was feeling absolutely awful she still made my birthday so much fun!
     One morning we were sitting around her table chit chatting about things, and somehow the conversations turned to the topic of beans and where they come from. This was one of those moments I felt really American (If you don't understand this reference maybe I shouldn't explain). Neither Leah or I knew how beans magically appeared in beautifully packaged cans at the convenient of 89 cents a pop. So we decided to turn to the trusty internet for answers. Turns out all beans are formed in little pods that resemble green beans. Maybe this is not news to many of you, congratulations you are very smart, but this was news to me. I for some reason pictured bean swamp patties with small men swooping in long nets into the water to collect beans! But I also knew beans were the seeds to bean plants, kindergarten taught me that! Needless to say my confusion over beans has blown away, and I hope yours has too!
  
Black Bean pod



Sorry I tried to put another picture of a bean plant but my computer just keeps freaking out! Sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment