Sunday, August 14, 2011

Newspapers gone creative!

Hey girls, and flamboyant boys, I got something that you will love! Newspaper nails! I think I am like the last person to jump on this bandwagon, but better late than never!
     I had seen "newspaper" nails once or twice on facebook, but it never really drew me in. It wasn't until today that I fully appreciated the art of the newspaper nail in all it's glory.
     My good friend Jamie is the one that introduced this wonderful thing to me. She notoriously never finishes painting her nails. She has these long beautiful healthy nails, but whenever I see them they are always half painted, she never really gets around to the other side, it is quite funny actually. So today when I saw both hands painted I was amazed! It was not until further investigation that I realized that only one had was completely done up in the newspaper printed style, whereas the other remained boring and not with "The Times" (hahah get it? It's punny!). I was shocked, I was so perplexed how she got newspaper print on her nails! She said all she did was dip her dry painted nail in rubbing alcohol and then help up bits of newspaper to each finger for about 15 seconds.
      Needless to say I copied her, and it turned out AWESOME! Although I used yellow so now with the yellow and black I look a little bumble bee esk, but that is alright because I love bees!!
      Sorry this post is not really history related, and it is not even that interesting, I just had to share my excitement about the coolest thing ever! NEWSPAPER NAILS!
I really tried to take a picture of mine, but my camera is not the best ( actually mine just don't look as good as this!)

2 comments:

  1. SO CUTE! I love it! We'll have to do this up at school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete